Brewfest in Highland, IN

I've been to a good number of beer fests and what I love about them is that I get to try so many varieties of beers from so many craft breweries. I'm not a chugger or a two-fisted full-pint drinker. I'm a sipper and a sampler and that's why I absolutely LOVE Brewfest in Highland, IN (Just south of the I-80/94 at the Kennedy exit.)

You get to pick. You get to pour. And they have about two dozen on tap an any given time, so there are lots of choices. It's even better than a flight - which is what I usually do, because, like I said, I'm a sipper/sampler type of gal. Because you control the pour, you can start out with a few sips and if you like it, you can fill it up. If you don't like it, you only invested like 58 cents to try it out. You simply pay by the ounce - pure beer brilliance! When you arrive, you get a card that you insert for each pour and you only pay for what you pour, it's a win-win-win - for the drinker, the venue, the craft breweries. It's a good way to get introduced to new breweries and try out beers you normally wouldn't be bold enough to order a 16-ouncer of.



They don't have a full food menu. There's popcorn to munch on and you can bring in your own grub. They do have the "Big Ass Pretzel." Yes, I'm pretty sure that's what it was called when I ordered it. It came in a pizza box and fed three of us with some leftover. 



It's a great place to hang and linger with friends. There are board games for some friendly competition (They had Connect Four - one of my faves!) They also have an outdoor beer garden.

Stop by and give them a try if you like beer and lots of it - even if you're just a sipper like me. Tell them the Chicago Foodie Sisters sent you.


Brewfest
8347 Kennedy Ave.
Highland, IN
219-237-2682


Comments