Hofbrauhaus Newport

While on a trip to Cincinnati with two of my boys last year, we decided to venture across the bridge into Kentucky to have dinner of Hofbrauhaus. They had just been to Hofbrauhaus Chicago in Rosemont a few weeks earlier and they've become fans of German food, especially Bavarian pretzels, so we were excited to be trying out a new location.

The Newport location is definitely smaller scale that what we have in the Chicago area, but it's no less charming. The food was just as good and the band played all the fun German beer tunes that you'd hear back home. And the beer...oh, there's just nothing like a Hofbrau Hefeweizen on draft and there aren't a lot of places to find that.

I got my favorite - a simple weiner schnitzel platter. It was delicious and it was so nice to enjoy it with my boys and a live band and lots of Bavarian decor. I'd suggest you visit to if you are headed that way! Prost!

Comments