La France Cafe and Crepes in Lombard


Ah, this happens every year. I start off the new year by cleaning out the photos online and I discover photos from an amazing meal that I shared on social media but never posted on the blog. This would be one of them.

Early last year, my sister and I decided to treat our darling sister-in-law, Maureen, to brunch for her birthday. They're both in the west burbs and we mulled over places to go and settled on La France Cafe and Crepes in Lombard. I don't think any of us had ever been there. Becky brought her little peanut with for our girl's date. It was a lovely little place and the food was beyond amazing.



We each ordered something a little different - and well, good sisters share, so we each tried out each other's meals, also along with mimosas and the creamiest cup of hot cocoa.




The girls both had crepes, one sweet and the other savory. They were fantastic. I opted for a breakfast sandwich with a little side salad. It was a very generous portion and so, so good. I also got an order of beignets to go - and they never made it out of my car. We finished them off on the way home.

I've been meaning to get back there, especially after chatting with the owner a bit and learning they are open on weekends for dinner. It's just one of the spots where you can duck in off the busy street and leave it all behind and feel like you're a world away. It's casual, but with that feel of French luxury and all of the food went beyond expectations. I can't wait to go back!


La France Cafe
708 S. Main Street
Lombard, IL
(630) 613-9511



Comments

Post a Comment