Last chance to dine at Volstead

Darn. Just learned via Facebook that a restaurant I visited over the summer...and looked forward to returning to is closing. I can't tell you how sad it makes me when an eatery I really like closes its doors. Volstead is in Chesterton, Indiana, so it's quite a hike for me, but I spent a little time in the area over the summer while driving my son to rehearsals.

One day I was on my own for about 3 hours on a Sunday after I dropped him off and decided to visit Volstead for brunch. I'd heard good things about the place, but am not in that corner of the woods very often so despite all the hype I hadn't made it there yet.

Chesterton holds special memories for me as there was a B & B there that my family would go to for weekend getaways when we were kids. Volstead was located in a 19th century building that was formerly Poplano's.

I perused the menu and settled on a Steak Benny paired with a mimosa. I was really impressed. The steak was cooked to perfection, the sauce was delicious and the hash browns were cooked just the way I liked with a little crunch.

Time's running out and you only have until the 27th of this month if you want to try it out. I'm glad that they've given a little warning for those who want to visit again and hope I can squeeze in a visit into my schedule this month.


Volstead
225 S. Calumet Rd.
Chesterton, IN
219-729-1596
volsteadnwi.com















Comments