El Canelo: Calumet City

I love stopping at Mexican restaurants when I'm out running errands or on the road at lunchtime. I don't have a huge appetite and can usually get by with a taco or two a la carte menu items to hold me over for the afternoon - and it's pretty inexpensive to stop and get a taco and an enchilada for $2-$3 each. Also, they often bring chips and salsa to your table while you wait for your meal, making it even more of a bargain.

I also love that these are family-owned businesses where you see couples and their children working together, putting so much love and passion into what they do.

While in Calumet City a couple weeks ago around lunchtime, I spotted El Canelo while waiting at a stop light. I switched course and pulled into the parking lot. I enjoyed chips and salsa while I waited for my steak taco and chicken enchilada. It was all delicious. If you happen to be in the area, swing by and give them a try.

El Canelo
700 Burnham Ave
Calumet City, IL
708-933-7292













Comments