Sangamo Brewing




A few months ago, I paid my Aunt Lori a visit. She lives in a little town outside of Springfield, Illinois. It was so good to see her. She is the younger sister of my mom, whom we lost in 2020 at age 85 - one of six siblings. I'd never spent this much time with her and it was so good to do so. We sat and chatted and I jotted down all of her memories and bits of family history. We went shopping. And of course, we ate.

Coincidentally, her daughter is also a freelance writer specializing in travel and an author and we love being able to spend time together on various media trips. My aunt knows I do a food a blog and wanted to pick out a place for lunch that she thought I'd like. She hit the nail on head by taking me to Sangamo Brewing in nearby Chatham. 

It had a cool, fun, retro vibe with random signs lining all of the walls. And I love a good craft brewery. Their beer list included several of their own brews and a few guest beers from other local breweries. My aunt raved about their burgers. We decided to split one. She was spot on. It was so fresh and cooked to perfection and we got ours topped with Swiss and mushrooms. I opted for a side salad and theirs was a good one of mixed greens and more topped with cheese and served with a delicious house dressing. We also split some nachos. The plate was piled high and loaded and everything you want in serving of nachos. There was so much that we barely made a dent.



If you like to seek out craft breweries when you travel like I do, this is one well worth seeking out!




Comments