Better with beer: Super Bowl recipes include Bohemia and Tecate Beers
These recipes were shared for me that are a great way to spice things up for the upcoming Super Bowl parties.
· 2 large ripe avocados
· 1/3 up tomatillo salsa
· 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh cilantro
· 4 sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
· 1/2 cup Bohemia beer
· 1/4 cup diced roasted red peppers
· Tortilla chips
1. Cut avocados in half by rotating the knife all the way around the pit. Twist the two halves apart, then scoop out the pits. With a spoon, scoop the pulp into a large bowl. Coarsely mash with the spoon or a potato masher. Stir in the Guacamole Mix, cilantro and salt to taste. Divide equally among three serving bowls.
2. Mix sun-dried tomatoes with beer and microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes. Let stand until tomatoes are softened. Strain off beer and coarsely chop tomatoes. Stir tomatoes and red peppers into the guacamole. Season with salt.
3. Serve the guacamoles with Frontera Tortilla Chips.
Tecate Fresh Salsa
· 2 cups fresh tomato, peeled and diced
· 1/2 cup (4 oz.) Tecate beer
· 1/4 cup (2 oz.) chopped onion into 1/8 inch
· 1/8 (1 oz.) seedless Jalapeños without seeds and diced
· 1/8 cup (1 oz.) finely chopped fresh cilantro
· 1/2 tablespoon of salt
1. Combine all ingredients on a bowl and refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving
* Tip: don’t remove the seed of the Jalapeños to make the salsa spicier