Jalapeno's in Schererville, Indiana

As hubby and I made a trip out to Meijers just a couple days before Christmas, we decided we would stop for lunch. Jalapeno's, which he had been to a few times, but that I had never been to was nice and close. We got there just as they were opening and walked it to a quiet restaurant. The place is adorable, full of festive decor. Love the colorful chairs!

Since they had $3 tropical margaritas and since I was really in need of a drink after battling the last-minute crazy shopping crowds, I ordered one to sip on along with my chips and salsa.




Next up after the chips, salsa and margarita was the tortilla soup, which was fantastic with big chunks of white meat chicken, fresh veggies and just the right amount of heat, topped with tortilla strips.


I got one of the lunch specials and so did hubby. He picked three items with his - a taco, an enchilada and a tostada with refried beans and Spanish rice.





Mine was the two item lunch special - a chicken enchilada and a pork chimichanga with double rice in lieu of rice and beans. That chimichanga is one of the best things I've ever eaten at a Mexican restaurant. The outside was perfectly crisply and the meat was uber tender and flavorful. I am definitely a fan and am looking forward to another chimichanga in my future! :)


Comments

  1. You ordered my favorite! I loovveee chimi's! Nothing beats a good Mexican restaurant :-)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment