Lunch-O-Ree

I got a recent last minute invite to cover an event at the Theatre at the Center in Munster. If you've never been there, the theatre is an intimate menu with top-notch productions. In the past couple months I attend the 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee and then A Christmas Carol: The Musical, which were both wonderful. They've also got banquet facilities and at every event I have been to there I have been impressed with the food.

If you're looking for a nice evening out, take in a play when they are also doing dinner and it makes for a wonderful night. I've been there also for brunch, which is fabulous, and for private parties.

On my most recent visit, it was for the Lunch-O-Ree event for the Cub Scouts Calumet Council. I was really excited to attend when I found out that Jed Hoyer of the Chicago Cubs was the guest speaker. As a life-long die hard Cubs fan, it was interesting to hear from Hoyer about his background and vision for the ball club.



The lobby was adorned with lovely trees for the Festival of Trees exhibit that appears there each year with trees decorated by local service organizations.


And then there was the food, quite spectacular for a weekday luncheon. I enjoyed every bite!


Comments