Slow Cooker Apricot Chicken



On one of our recent brutally cold days here in Chicago, I decided my day would be best spent by staying in the house, trying to catch up on work and doing some cooking/baking. While I was making cake and brownies and chili, I thought I'd throw something in the slow cooker for dinner. Here's what I came up with and it was quite good!

Ingredients:

3/4 cup apricot preserves
2 tsp. peach balsamic vinegar
2 tsp. orange juice
A dash of nutmeg

Whisk together in bowl.

Put the following in slow cooker:

4 chicken breasts (frozen are fine)
1 yellow pepper, cut in chunks
1 1/2 cups of baby carrots
Tbsp water

Sprinkle the top with dried basil. Then add sauce.

Put slow cooker on high and cook for 4 - 5 hours. 

Garnish with cilantro and serve over white rice.

Serves 4.

This was a hit with my kids. They really liked the sweetness with this dish.








Comments

Post a Comment