Somen Noodle Soup

As I was making some stir fry recently, my son saw me boiling some somen noodles and asked if I would make him some of the noodle soup that we get when we go to a local Japanese restaurant. It's a simple little appetizer and really doesn't seem to be more than noodles, broth and green onions. So, here's what I made him:

About 3 ounces boiled somen noodles
4 cups water
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1 stalk green onion, diced
salt and pepper to taste

Since I had noodles already boiled, I prepared broth by boiling the bouillon cubes. These are usually pretty high in sodium, which is why I use two cups water per cube, rather than 1 cup water per the instructions. So, if you think you need a little salt and pepper, add to broth. Then add green onion as it boils. Continue to boil for about 3 minutes. When done, add prepared noodles and serve.






Comments