Sriracha Chicken Dip

I have to admit I am not a big fan of Sriracha. Plain and simple I am kind of a wimp. I can't take ingredients that are fiery hot, but I do appreciate something that has a good zesty flavor to it.  In making up this dip, I decided to split it into two batches.  The first one was a mild batch for me and the second batch was a little bit spicier for my husband and my boys, who don't mind some heat to what they eat.

This is such an easy recipe with only five ingredients. You can whip it up quickly and it will very likely go pretty quick at your next party.

Here is what you need:

1 pound of diced chicken tenderloin from Market Day
Sriracha sauce
8 ounces of cream cheese
A half cup or so of ranch salad dressing
Big Guy BBQ Seasoning

First, put your chicken (that should be thawed out already) into a skillet and add Sriracha sauce to taste. Since I wanted mine to be mild, I watered it down a little bit when I added it to my pan. Okay, the seasoning is actually not something you'll be able to find right now but it should be available for purchase very soon. It's a seasoning blend made by a local guy I know and it's awesome and added the perfect kick to this. Well, it won't be exactly the same, but you can probably mixup a little blend with chili powder, pepper, smoked paprika and maybe some garlic salt or garlic pepper and it should help give it a little extra flavor ~ something to tide you over until you can get your hands on Big Guy BBQ Seasoning Blend. Follow him on Facebook to get updates on product availability. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Guy-BBQ-Chicago/479847065442929?fref=ts

Once the sauce is mixed in well, add the cream cheese and ranch dressing and continue heating it until it is all well blended and the cheese is completely blended into the dip. Keep on low until the chicken is heated throughout. If you would like it less chunky, spend a couple minutes shredding it with a fork or you can place it in a food processor to thin it out. Once it is done you can transfer it to a crockpot if you would like for it to stay warm and keep it on low or the "keep warm" setting.

At this point I removed half of the dip. The rest I left in to add a little more sauce to heat it up so that I could also have some that was spicier for the boys in the house. Hubby loved it. You can serve it up with celery sticks or crackers, bagel chips, pretzels, pita chips or tortillas. My favorite was the celery! And if you like your dips pretty cheesy, you can also add some additional shredded cheese to it. I preferred having it made this way where I tasted the chicken and sauce more than the cheese, but if you are a cheesehead…go for it. :) Put this on the menu for your Super Bowl party and it's sure to be a hit.




Comments

  1. This looks and sounds great.I found it over at the Kitchen Dreaming Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to try this!! Love Sriracha!! Pinning!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment