Portillo's

While out running some errands recently in Northwest Indiana, I threw out some places to stop for lunch. When I suggested Portillo's, my husband mentioned that he had never been there before. I was kind of surprised. I've been there many times and at several locations, but until last year there wasn't one very close to home.



My oldest son was with us, who has been there many times and likes it, urged him to try it. So, we made our way into the Merrillville, Indiana location at lunchtime on a Saturday. Needless to say, we had quite a wait and a hard time finding a place to sit, but I was glad we stopped. I hadn't been there in a while myself and had forgotten how good their beef sandwiches are. I like mine dry with sweet peppers and red sauce on the side. Hubby tried out a jumbo dog. I think he's a fan now, too.




Comments