Paul's Egg Nog

I love holiday traditions and one thing that has been incorporated into the holiday season in our family the past few years is that my husband makes homemade egg nog. He has always been a fan of it, but buying it from a store is so expensive and he never liked how thick it was and would always add extra milk to it to thin it out a little.

One year he decided to make his own, after sharing that his sisters had made homemade egg nog when he was a kid. Everyone liked it and now it's just not the holidays until Paul makes his egg nog. He shared the recipe with me so that I could share it with you. He usually makes a double batch.

6 Large eggs
4 Cups Whole Milk
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Sugar (additional sugar as desired)


Mix all ingredients in mixer or blender until whipped. After pouring into a glass, sprinkle cinnamon on top for added flavor as well as a delicious appearance. You may also add  Brandy, Scotch, Whiskey or Bourbon as desired.

I like to store my egg nog in a gallon milk jug. It allows me to shake before I pour since some of the ingredients sink to the bottom. Keep refrigerated.





Comments