EAT in Hammond, IN

A couple weeks ago a friend and I attended an event at EAT in Hammond, Indiana that was a fundraiser for the NW Indiana Food Bank. Food was being served and there were a couple local bands playing a mix of music, so my friend, Michelle, and I decided to drop by. EAT is located inside the old Woolworth's building in downtown Hammond and owner Raymundo Garcia has done a fabulous job in his restoration work of the property. The first level serves as an event space. 

It's not open as a regular restaurant, but is used for special events like the one I attended or private events. I had been there previously for a breakfast meeting and after a declines breakfast, Raymundo gave us a little tour of the apartment he was working on upstairs - restoring old wood and updating the space.


Raymundo Garcia and wife Karen Maravilla.


There's a pretty massive kitchen there and the night we visited, they had a nice menu of tasty grub that included tacos, sliders and mac and cheese in a cone and nachos. The place has a cool, artsy vibe and I loved the artwork on the exterior walls. Follow along on Facebook to learn about upcoming events at EAT.











Comments