Bin 23: Granger, Indiana

This past fall, hubby and I spent a day out in the South Bend area. We walked around a park, drove around town, had some bites and sips. We were just getting antsy with all the time and home and I suggested we take a little drive on his day off.


That morning we had breakfast at Chicory Cafe, a favorite spot of mine in the area. I'd been to the location  in downtown South Bend, but not the one in Mishawaka. So, we stopped there for breakfast on the patio. Before heading home, we were ready for dinner. I pulled up a list of restaurants on my phone and came across Bin 23 in Granger and decided to give it a try. Turned out the place was pretty new, opening earlier this year.



First thing I did was pick wine flight. They have a few set tastings you can choose from and I decided that was the way to go. As much as I love wine, I still have trouble picking out what wines to try and wish I was much more knowledge than I am. When it comes to wine, I'm more apt to go with a suggestion of someone who knows way more than I do.

We also tried the brie and bourbon flatbread, which was really good. It was covered with bourbon, apple and fig spread and covered in brie cheese with chopped walnuts, caramelized onions and balsamic drizzle.


A cool feature of the place is this amazing pizza oven!


Hubby went for the prawns & pappardelle (I tried a bite and it was delicious!) and I was in the mood for a good juicy burger. It didn't disappoint and the house made crunchy chips were a perfect accompaniment.



Should you find yourself around South Bend, consider paying this place a visit. You'll love the wine selection and there are plenty of delectable bites to pair up with your glass.

Bin 23
120 Persepctive Drive, Suite 150
Granger, IN

Comments