Francesca's at the Promenade

For years, my foodie sister, Becky and I have been dining together at different spots at the Promenade in Bolingbrook. It's convenient, being just a few minutes away from where she lives and they have some nice food options there. And many times when we've visited a restaurant for lunch, we have passed Francesca's at the Promenade and I have commented that I want to try it out. Becky had been many times, but somehow it just sat on my foodie bucket list for years.


Well, this summer was finally the year I made it. We decided to get together over the summer and she suggested we meet there. I was so excited to finally try it out. I love Italian food and love pasta. They had just opened up for outdoor dining and had a nice patio set-up and we ate under the tent on a pleasant summer afternoon. My birthday was the next week, so Becky sweetly treated me.


Everything was pretty amazing - the starter of Gamberi all Francesca (sautéed jumbo shrimp with wild mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, lemon, balsamic and basil), the pasta dishes and the Pesce Bianco al Limone (sautéed whitefish with a lemon white wine sauce, appears and sautéed spinach). We also enjoyed some summery cocktails and dessert - tiramisu for me and cobbler for Becky.

I was so pleased to finally try out this place after so long. I hope to enjoy many more meals there in the future. For more info, visit miafrancesca.com







Comments