Chicken Tortilla Soup

A nice warm bowl of homemade soup on a cold day. What could be better? As I have been working from home these past months, it has been nice being just steps from my stove where I can chop some veggies and let a pot simmer while I work.

I often just throw in what's on hand and don't use a recipe, but this particular batch was so yummy I wrote it down to share and to remember for another time.

 


Chicken Tortilla Soup


5 Knorr tomato bouillon cubes (I get them at my local Mexican market but they are also available from Walmart)

1 chicken bouillon cube

1 small can tomato paste

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can Mexican corn

1 can chill beans

1 bell pepper diced

1 dozen baby carrots, sliced

2 plum tomatoes, diced

garlic

minced onion

21 seasoning salute

Mrs. Dash

Pepper

1 1/2 cups diced chicken


Dissolve cubs in water, add all the diced and canned veggies and seasonings. Simmer for about half an hour. Add the meat, continue on simmer another 10-15 minutes. I like to drop some tortilla strips and shredded cheese blend on top. 


Comments

  1. The thought of enjoying this hearty bowl of soup on a cold winter day sounds so comforting. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment