Family reunion potluck

Earlier this month, my cousin hosted a family reunion for cousins on her mom's side of the family. Her mom and my mom are sisters. I was the only one from my immediate family who was there. My sisters had out of town plans that weekend, my mom was in the hospital recovering from surgery and the brothers were busy. So, it was me, hubby and my five boys. It's been several years since we were there, but we always have so much fun because she lives on a farm and the kids enjoy running around and exploring what's in the barns.

And when there's a reunion, you know there's going to be good food...all those family recipes that show up at events like this. My cousin had made turkey and ham and she and my aunt made some casseroles - a potato one and a corn one and a broccoli/cheese one. My favorite dish whenever we get together with this side of the family is my Uncle Bill's baked beans. Somewhere here I have the recipe. I need to dig it out and make a batch and share it. And cousin Debbie made some delicious desserts, including an awesome chocolate sheet cake. Me? I shamefully showed up with bakery treats since we had a 3 1/2 hour drive. I know I should have done better.

Here's a peek at our fun on the farm and what we had to eat. :)










Comments