Cafe 31 North

Recently I had the opportunity to visit McHenry County to visit some participating restaurants for the first ever McHenry County Restaurant Week. One of the spots we visited was Cafe 31 North in McHenry. I’m a big breakfast food lover, so I was excited to head there for brunch on a Sunday morning while I was in the area.




As we perused the menu, we were brought some homemade bread, which was so soft and fluffy and served warm. The French toast is made with their homemade bread, which really tempted me to order French toast, but there were so many things on the menu that I wanted to try. We ended up ordering three things that we shared - two were breakfast items and one was a lunch item, the stuffed cabbage rolls. They came with mashed potatoes and fresh sautéed vegetables and the whole meal came together so nicely. I loved the tomato gravy. The meal also came with soup, which I almost skipped because we had so much food coming. I’m so glad I didn’t. I ordered creamy chicken soup and it was one of the best I’ve had - like ever. 



For the breakfast dishes, I always like to try out a specialty that I won’t find anywhere else. So, I had to get the stuffed potato pancakes. It was two sizable potato pancakes with a fluffy bacon omelet in the middle and then it was all topped with lots of melted cheese. (Hint: it goes really well with a mimosa!)





Hubby opted for one of the specials - the filet mignon skillet. Of course, I made him share and it was delicious. 




I wanted just a bite of something sweet and saw that they have kolacky by the dozen that can be purchased. I couldn't resist and placed an order - there were three flavors: apricot, raspberry and cream cheese. They were nice authentic little fresh pastry bites.



And a few shots of some of the other goodies...




McHenry County restaurant week continues through March 3, so it's a great weekend to get in and check it out.










Cafe 31 North
217 Front St.
McHenry, IL
815-679-6630
cafe31north.com

**My visit was hosted by Visit McHenry County. I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.

Comments