Chicken Taco Pizza Pie

As I was making some chicken soup and chicken chili, I had a little chicken leftover. I had made it the day before in the crock-pot with some salsa. So, I was contemplating what else to make with the extra chicken. I'd seen "Taco Pie" mentioned in a post that afternoon and I couldn't get it out of my mind. So, I decided to make a taco pie with chicken rather than ground beef. The easiest versions I found when peeking for recipes was to make a crust with crescent dough and then add your toppings.

I happend to have a small tube of crescent dough in the fridge. It was a small pack of four rather than a larger tube. I pulled out a pie tin and tried my best to stretch it to fit, but it just wasn't happening. It remained in a square and this whole experiment would have turned out better had I just put it in a square baking dish.

Anyway, I put the dough in the oven to cook as directed. Then I topped it with the cooked, chopped chicken, some salsa and some shredded cheese blend. I popped it back in the oven for about 10 minutes for the cheese to melt and the result was actually pretty tasty. It looked more like a pizza than a pie, so when my son asked what it was I told him it was a Taco Pizza Pie. That sounded good to him. He ate half of it and asked for more. :) If you put aside a little chicken when cooking a big batch, this would be a great afternoon snack or an easy dinner that the kids could easily prepare.





Comments