Timbrook Kitchens

On a couple visits to the European Market in Chesterton and the Munster Farmers Market, I tried out some savory pies from Timbrook Kitchens and I was excited to see that they've opened a location nearby in Munster, In. It opened in November 2013, but I didn't make it there until this month. 

Timbrook Kitchens is open daily and on the weekends they open at 8 a.m. serving breakfast items, including home made cinnamon rolls. I stopped in recently in between mid-day appointments for a cup of soup. I tried the Pulled Pork Chili, which was excellent. It was paired with a slice of freshly made cornbread, which was incredibly moist. I grabbed a couple slices of savory pie, including the Artichoke Chicken Pie, which was my favorite item I'd tried at the markets. I also brought home a very rich piece of Chocolate Peanut Butter pie that made a great late night treat. :) The interior is cute and cozy. 

You can purchase individual slices or full pot pies and Shepherd's Pie ($13) which feeds 3 to 4. They also have a nice daily special called "Whole Shebang," which includes two slices of savory pie or sandwich and is served with soup or salad, slice of dessert & beverage for $10 for dine in or carryout. Give them a try. It's a very nice departure from a fast food drive-thru if you don't want to cook. And it's perfect for this time of year - when hearty comfort food hits the spot.

For more info on specials, visit their website - http://timbrookkitchens.jimdo.com and follow along on Facebook. Keep in mind that they do not take credit cards.






Timbrook Kitchens
17 Ridge Road
Munster, IN

Comments