Beef Campanelle Soup

I have a new favorite pasta for my soups. After a few family members mentioned they didn't like noodles in their soup, I grabbed a couple different pasta shapes to use. I like noodles, but didn't realize that so much of the family doesn't. Sometimes I use rice, but it's been a while since I veered from noodles. There's really so much out there that you can substitute for noodles. I've tried a few others in the past and my favorite has been campanelle. It's substantial in size, so it reminds me of noodles and it fills up a lot of the pan (I prefer soups that are full of meats and veggies and pastas and don't have a ton of empty broth.)

So, I'm now on a campanelle kick. Here the recipe for this pot that I made recently:

6 beef bouillon cubes
12 cups water
1/2 diced green pepper
2 cans diced tomatoes
About 10 baby carrots, sliced
1 rib of celery, sliced
1/2 small onion
1 pound ground beef, browned
About 8 ounces campanelle pasta
To taste: Italian seasoning, black pepper

Bring water and bullion cubes to a boil and add sliced veggies and cans of tomatoes and seasonings. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until veggies are soft. Add ground beef and pasta and boil about 12 more minutes (or recommend cooking time on pasta box) until pasta is fully cooked. Serve with some warm crusty bread! :)


Comments