Dinner at the Hospitality and Tourism Management School at Purdue University Northwest

I don't remember how I first discovered the dining room at Purdue University Northwest's campus in Hammond, but I now refer to it as "the best kept foodie secret in Northwest Indiana." Under the direction of a well-trained chef, the students in hospitality and tourism management execute a gourmet dinner experience for several weeks during each semester on Wednesday evenings. Snagging a reservation can sometimes be as difficult as trying to win highly sought-after concert tickets from a radio station. But if you're persistent and able to get through, you can expect a great meal for an amazingly reasonable price. It's just $20 for a dinner that usually includes four courses (except for the semester finale, which is priced a little higher.)

Each semester I try to visit with my husband at least once. Here's a peek at our most recent dinner, which included a warm spinach, artichoke and parmesan dip, a roasted butternut squash bisque, a mixed green salad with buttermilk-garlic dressing, filet minion and dessert. For each dinner you have a choice of three entrees, one of which is meatless.

Comments

  1. How can I make a reservation? I scoured the school's website and cannot find the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me. Cara Menghilangkan Ngorok

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing in this article! You may also visit my site at cara cepat tidur

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have done a great job. I will definitely dig it and personally recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this site
    Angka4D
    LiveHK
    Live Sydney

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment