Crooked Ewe Brewery & Alehouse

As our last stop on the way home from a three-day road trip through Northern, Indiana, we stopped for brunch at Crooked Ewe Brewery & Ale House in South Bend. It was one of four breweries we visited on our trip.

We perused the brunch and lunch menus and looked over the beer list. As usual, we got a flight so that we could get a taste of a handful of brews and maximize the number of entries into our Untapped accounts.



I enjoyed all five of the beers we tried (flights can be as few as two and as many as five) - the Supercreme American Porter, Peggy Lee Brown Porter, Post 1167 Cream Ale, Westfield American Wheat Ale and a special limited vanilla stout that was on tap very temporarily.

Since elote are one of my favorite things on the planet, I was pretty pumped to see Elote Hushpuppies on the menu. It was  like a corn fritter, but had some yummy toppings - queso fresco, lime, creme aioli, chili powder, tajin and cilantro. It was incredibly delicious and even though it was a big portion (I think there were 8), I didn't leave one bite.

For my entree, I ordered a fried chicken sandwich brined in buttermilk on a potato roll. It was very tender and had a crispy coating.

My husband ordered from the brunch menu a plate of hash with brisket and topped with one-hour sous vide eggs. I was surprised to see there was also a good amount of vegan offerings.

The brewery is located on the St. Joseph River. And just an FYI...in Indiana kids aren't allowed in bars.But, Crooked Ewe has a separate family seating area upstairs, so kids are welcome.

For more info, visit crookedewe.com.







Comments