Pineapple Orange Slushie

I've never been to Disney World, but have always thought that those Dole Whips sounded pretty spectacular. I saw a recipe pop up online and thought I would give it a try. It was a COMPLETE FAIL and I had to modify it, but the results were delicious.

The recipe I was following called for 2 cups of frozen pineapple, 1/3 cup of coconut milk, 3 tbsp sugar, one tbsp lime juice, one tsp lemon juice and a dash of salt. I threw all those things in my blender, with the exception of the salt, which seemed unnecessary and I substituted the coconut milk with almond milk.

I turned on my blender to the "grind" setting. It mixed a little and then stalled. I tried the "blend" setting. Then the "liquify" setting. It just wasn't budging. There wasn't enough liquid. I turned it off and tried stirring and re-positioning the pineapple chunks, but nothing. So, I added a little water. Then a little more milk. Then orange juice. And a little more lemon and lime juice. Then it mixed a little more. It still needed to be thinned even more. I added some whole milk. Some more water. Some ice cubes. Some more orange juice. I finally got it to a consistency that my blender approved of. And in the end I loved it. I still haven't had a Dole Whip, but I was happy with what I ended up with.

2 cups frozen pineapple 
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup whole milk
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp lime juice
1 1/4 cups orange juice
4 ice cubes

Blend for about one minute and enjoy!




Comments