Austrian Bakery loaded with goodies

So, while in Chicago yesterday, I paid a visit to Lincoln Park for no other reason, but to pick up some good food. Austrian Bakery was my fourth food-related stop. I'd popped in there once before on the way to a Cubs game and tried a couple cookies. This time I lingered for a few minutes checking out the menu, which includes hot and cold sandwiches, salads and one of my absolute favorite dishes - wiener schnitzel. And it is called the Austrian BAKERY, so you'll find lots of goodies to satisfy your sweet tooth. Take a look.


It was lunchtime when I was there, but didn't have time to wait for the schnitzel. I'll have to make a trip up there soon for lunch. I saw this Reuben being prepared and I sooo wanted to stay.



There were so many choices, I wasn't sure what to get.


I settled on apple strudel and brought this home with me. Best. Strudel. Ever. Stop by there and try it for yourself. It's at 2523 N. Clark Street. They also have a full breakfast menu. Visit www.austrianbakery.com for more info.

Comments