Foodies Marketcafe gets a thumbs up from this foodie sister

So I posted last week about a new place in Dyer called Foodies Marketcafe. I was excited because they carry Labriola breads, which I LOVE. They always have a table at the local farmer's market and I pick them up there when I can.

Yesterday I was doing a book signing at Pigtails and Crewcuts in Dyer, just a block north and decided to stop afterwards and check out the new place. My dad had stopped by so I asked if he wanted to pop in there with me to pick up some bread. I'm. In. Love.

Not only do they carry a large assortment of artisan breads, but they have a large menu of sandwiches, soups and salads. I asked dad if he wanted to split a sandwich. He agreed. There was a rueben calling my name. :)

I was glad we decided to share since the sandwich was huge. It was served on marbled rye with lean, sliced corned beef and generous amounts of cheese, kraut and thousand island dressing. We were offered pasta salad in place of chips, which complimented the sandwich well.

Other sandwich options are roast beef on a baguette, turkey on a pretzel roll and salami and ham on sundried tomato foccacia -- all with creative names. Soup options are chicken noodle, tomato basil, broccoli cheese and steak and ale. The also have a children's menu.

Oh, and besides the breads, there are scones and cookies and cheesecake and other goodies...they didn't ignore your sweet tooth. The place is super cute, with a few small dining tables, a sitting area in  front of a fireplace and big screen t.v. and a little store tucked in the corner with everything from wine to seasonings and sauces to aprons and kitchen utensils.

Unfortunately, my camera battery died as I went to snap the first picture, so sadly I have no shots of the interior or the awesome sandwich I had. I hate when I don't have a visual about something I read. So, I'll offer this:


I couldn't leave without bread. My favorite Labriola items are foccacia -- the tomato variety, especially - and pretzel bread. Doesn't that look good? I think it may be my breakfast today.
And here are some shots I took at the farmer's market:

It's located at 151 Joliet Street in Dyer - just across from the hospital on the northwest corner of Route 30 and Hart Street.

Comments