The Egg and I

Years ago, in my past life as an HR administrative assistant at a school district, I first tasted food from The Egg and I. For many of the meetings, catering was ordered. Sometimes it was for breakfast meetings with eggs, meats, french toast, even quiche. Other times it was for lunch, with sandwiches, baked chicken, au gratin potatoes and other items. Everyone in the office loved catering from The Egg and I. I'd often have to clean up the conference room after a meeting and all the leftovers made it to the lounge where it was free game. And once in a while, for a holiday party or Secretary's Day, we were invited to eat it hot and fresh right upon delivery. I hadn't had The Egg and I in about a decade when I was driving down Harlem Avenue and spotted the Tinley Park location (all the catering items I'd had were from the Chicago Heights location.) I grabbed a Denver omelet to go with hash browns. I substituted mushrooms for the onions. Good stuff. The menu includes everything from Belgian waffles to french toast to skillets. Also, they are on Restaurants.com, so you can pick up a certificate there to save some money on dining there. They are open for breakfast and lunch only.

Comments