Dinner and beer at 18th Street Brewery

So, after leaving me behind for several "bro dates" I finally set a date for hubby to take me out to 18th Street Brewery in Gary's Miller neighborhood. I'd tried out their Sophomoric Saison (I really liked the citrus-y finish) at a recent media preview event for the Blue Chip Brewfest and was eager to visit and try some more.



The first I tried was the Hunter Cherry Double Milk Stout. I like stouts and I like beers with hints of fruit, so this rich brew in the Hunter series is one I would recommend.


I also tried a sample of the Sour Note, which initially made my lips pucker and move on to the next one, but it kind of stuck with me throughout the night and left me wanting to try more. I enjoyed the sample, but wasn't sure I'd want a whole glass, yet days later I was still craving a sip.

Next I moved on to the Barrel Aged Cockfight Farmhouse Ale - a smooth, earthy brew that I enjoyed with an awesome grilled cheese with arugula, tomato and bacon.






Next stop for the evening was New Oberfalz Brewing in Griffith, Indiana. Watch for an upcoming post on our visit there. (Here's a peek at my flight!)


Comments