Sarge's Shrimp and Grits

I received samples of Sarge's Seafood Seasoning, Shrimp and Grits Sauce and Yellow Stone Ground Grits. Shrimp and Grits is a dish I always lean toward ordering when I see it on a restaurant menu, particularly at  a place that specializes in Southern cuisine, but I've never made it at home. 


I've made grits just a couple times, but it's been so many years I don't recall exactly what went with them. I might have just made them as a breakfast side. Grits are not something I ate at all growing up. I didn't try them until adulthood and when I tried shrimp and grits for the first time, I loved them. 

Sarge's products made it so easy. All I had to do was buy the shrimp. I seasoned it with the seafood seasoning and then let them simmer in the sauce. I made the grits separately and they were so smooth and buttery. I plated it with some roasted asparagus and it was on the table in about 25 minutes. The company started a s a popular food truck and now operates out of North Carolina where Chef Julius's famous sauce has gone from the food truck to the jar for you to enjoy at home.

It's great for an easy meal and makes a great gift item for a foodie this season. Check out their bundle packs at https://www.easyshrimpandgrits.com/shop









Comments