A St. Patty's sandwich from South Bend Chocolate Cafe

I was recently out in Valparaiso, Indiana. I really love that area. I love the courthouse and the square. I love that some of it is rural, yet there's such a vibrant shopping and dining area downtown. I love the variety of shops. And, of course, I love the food offerings. 

Last year I was part of the cast of a production called Listen To Your Mother at the Memorial Opera House in Valparaiso, so in my trips out there I got to eat some delicious meals at several eateries in the area: Bluebird Cafe, Parea, Jimmy's Cafe, Silver Spoon, Valpo Velvet Ice Cream. And I had to visit the South Bend Chocolate Cafe. And then I revisited it. And revisited it. And revisited it each time I was in town. However, I had only picked up chocolates on my stops.

On my most recent visit, I decided to grab some lunch, too. I planned on getting a half sandwich and a soup. Then the girl at the register told me that the sandwich I'd requested, the Reuben, was a special that day...so for a quarter more I'd get the whole sandwich and chips, too. I went for it, although I could only eat half the sandwich and the soup. The remaining sandwich went in the fridge and my son had it for lunch the next day.

Reubens have become probably my favorite sandwich as of late and I have tried many. This one ranked up there pretty high. Even though corned beef is on the menus at many places this month, the Reuben is on the regular menu at South Bend Chocolate Cafe, so you can enjoy it all year long.







And I did grab some other goodies to take home, including some of their dynamite fudge -- peanut butter chocolate and turtle flavors!







South Bend Chocolate
57 Franklin St.
Valparaiso, IN
219-477-4418

Comments

  1. Valpo sounds really cute. I keep saying that we need to stop whenever we go through. You have convinced me that I definitely need to put it on my list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment