The $20 Challenge: Week 4




I haven't kept up with the $20 challenge every week, but will continue to post as I get a chance. I've missed a couple weeks of shopping and there were a couple weeks that I shopped but didn't post. Glad I am catching up this week. :) Here's my original post about the $20 challenge if you want the background - http://chicagofoodiesisters.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-20-challenge-week-1.html

My total this week was $22.41 (but since we are at almost 10% sales tax here in Cook County, it was really under $21.) I went a wee bit over budget. I was under but got to the counter and saw cauliflower for 99 cents. Then I decided I'd have to have broccoli to go with the cauliflower and at $1.99 a bunch,  those last minute impulse buys pushed me over. Way better than an impulse buy of a candy bar or soda. The big bargain this week was the gorgeous pack of strawberries for just 59 cents!

1 pack strawberries
1 bunch cauliflower
1 lemon
1 zucchini
1 bag of cuties
1 bag of arugula/red lettuce mix
3 large baking potatoes
4 apples
1 package carrots
1 bunch celery
1 bunch green onion
1 cantaloupe
1 package mushrooms
1 onion
1 bunch broccoli

Why don't you join in. Try the challenge of going to your local farm stand or farmer's market with $20 and see what you can get. Put a comment on the blog or post on our Facebook page so we can see what a savvy shopper you are!




Comments