How the garden grows

I'm really not a gardener. My later father-in-law was an avid gardener, though, and passed on his green thumb to his son and grandsons. I like to pick out what goes in it and I like to cook with it and eat it, but usually it's the rest of my family that puts it into the ground and takes care of it.

However, this year, I claimed a small area along the fence on each side of the yard. It was pretty late in the season when I planted mixed flowers and sunflowers and pumpkins, so I wasn't sure what would happen. They are finally coming around. It just took some time. After all, it was around June 10 when I planted this stuff, which is pretty late. Anyway, today my sunflowers finally bloomed! I was so happy to see them!



And...we have pumpkins!!!

This sunflower is a little behind. And that other cute one sprouted up -- no idea what it is!!!

Hubby planted brussels sprouts for the first time this year. They seem to be taking FOREVER!!!

No shortage of tomatoes, though! ;)

Also in the garden are several other goodies we have been enjoying - purple peppers, banana peppers, basil, cilantro, thyme, pea pods, radishes, lettuce and zucchini. And...we had this crazy renegade squash plant that popped up and must have been a leftover from last year because we didn't even plant squash this time around. :)

Comments