One Pot Wonder


I've been seeing so many one-pot pasta dishes floating around the Internet lately, I thought I would try making one of my own. I had some fresh tomatoes, peppers and red and green basil from the garden combined with some onions and mushrooms from the farmer's market.

I did lots of chopping and threw it all in with my pasta and it was pretty easy. Here's what I put in mine:

4 cups water
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 beef bouillon cube
4 plum tomatoes, diced
handful or two of grape tomatoes, halved
1 cup of raw spinach
1/4 cup vidallia onion
1/4 cup red onion
2 stalks green onion
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 handful fresh red and green basil
1 can tomatoes
2 tsp. minced garlic
dried oregano
freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste
1 pound angel hair pasta

Everything went into one pot until it boiled. Heat got turned down to a simmer for a few more minutes until all the vegetables had softened to al dente. :)



I served it up with some grilled chicken tenderloins left over from the night before and some focaccia bread I picked up at the farmer's market.


Comments