Rusted Silo BBQ & Brewhouse: Lizton, IN

On a media trip last fall with a group of travel writers, I was introduced to Rusted Silo BBQ in Lizton, Indiana, just outside of Indianapolis. As we were there learning about the place and having lunch, the owners were awaiting the results that day of the result’s of the Indy Star’s Best BBQ voting. They’d already won 3 years in a row and we up for a fourth win. I found out the next day that they did win again. It was no surprise. It’s award-winning bbq for a reason.



So when I was in the Indy area again last month and realized I’d be driving by, I had to make a stop and pick up some BBQ to take home. But I had a few bites before I packed it up. I ordered two things I remembered from the earlier visit - brisket and the sampler plate with house-made chorizo, kielbasa and pimento cheese spread with crackers.



The sauces are all quite tasty - my favorites are the Alabama White Sauce and Kentucky Bourbon BBQ sauce.



So, after a few bites I packed it up and went on my way with the Best BBQ in Indy. For more information, visit rustedsilobrewhouse.com. 

Comments