Spiteful Brewing: Craft Beer for Cubs Fans

I participated in a Malt Row Brewery Tour in Chicago’s Ravenswood neighborhood this week. With a big concentration of breweries and distilleries, Ravenswood has earned the nickname of “Malt Row.” This industrial stretch is home to a diverse number of craft breweries that each has their own unique vibe and niche. 

Being a lifelong Cubs fan, one that really has my heart is Spiteful Brewing. The first beer we sampled on our tour was Bleacher Bum, a peach blonde ale that has a light, crisp flavor and is perfect for sipping on a summer afternoon on Tuesday (my favorite time to be at a game) or any other time at the Friendly Confines. And I was excited to learn that you can actually do that. Bleacher Bum is available on tap at Wrigley Field near section 130.

We got a little tour of the facility, which included a look at their creative labels and a little overview of their beer-making process. 

We also sampled their Alley Time Hazy IPA and Spiteful Hefe, both beers I could drink all summer. Before I left, I spotted one other that I had to try - the Cubby Bear Lager. It’s brewed specifically for the Cubbie Bear, the beloved iconic Wrigleyville bar that is a huge gathering spot for Cubs fans on game days. Totally my style and I loved it. 

Not all Cub fans are Budweiser drinkers (sorry, Harry!) and for those who crave a craft beer when in and around the Frinedly Confines, these are some nice brews to enjoy while cheering on our boys in blue. Also, get them on tap at Spiteful Brewing’s taproom at 2024 W. Balmoral, which has a lovely patio that is now open for the season!














Comments