Schoops has more than burgers

If you are true burger lover in the Chicago and Northwest Indiana area, chances are that you have been to one of the Schoop;s locations for one of those tasty freshly made patties that have that unique crunch around the edges that hang out over the edge of the bun. The original restaurant still exists in Munster, Indiana and they've spread out among the Chicago burbs - from Orland Park to Monee to Chicago Ridge to Tinley Park. There are even more locations in NW Indiana - from Highland to Whiting to Valpo to Portage to St. John and even way out to Warsaw.

I know that they have more than burgers on the menu. Sometimes my kids requested chicken fingers and the shakes and malts are super yummy. My dad likes the chili and my mom likes to get a fried egg sandwich. However, on my most recent visit I discovered another yummy sandwich that they offer. Pork tenderloin sandwiches are not something you see on menus in Chicagoland. It really is a Hoosier thing. And even in NW Indiana it's not real common to find places that serve tenderloin sandwiches. You're more likely to find them being served up downstate. But...when my brother popped in to meet up with my two sisters and my mom and I to celebrate Mom's 81st birthday, he ordered a pork tenderloin. After spending his whole life in Illinois, he moved a few months ago to St. John and he was excited to order this Hoosier sandwich. :) Although there is a Schoop's location in St. John, he said that they don't have the pork tenderloin on the menu. So, apparently you can't find it all Schoop's locations, but it is on the menu at the Munster location. I snatched a bite and it was yummy - totally something I would order (if I can force myself to bypass their awesome burgers.) If you have never been to a Schoop's, but are a burger lover, it's a place you need to try. And if you're not into burgers, there are a few other things to try. :)


Also, the Munster location is popular with my kids because they love to sit at the classic barstools and they love to play songs on the juke box. And there are songs there than I can pretty much guarantee you aren't going to find on a juke box anywhere else in the area. Yes, they have the Super Bowl Shuffle if you ever want to get down with the 1986 Bears. :) Find their full list of location at schoophamburgers.com.


Comments