Tomatillo and Cherry Tomato Salsa


This summer I had been getting tomatillos from a local farmer and making fresh salsa every week or two. As it got to the end of the season, I had a few tomatillos left from what I had gotten from the farmers market, but not enough really for a big batch of salsa verde, so I used what I had of the tomatillos and added some of the cherry tomatoes from the garden along with some garlic, white onion, habanero, lime juice and in this case I was out of cilantro, so I used some fresh basil (but it's much better, in my opinion, with the cilantro or with both).

The nutribullet became my go-to kitchen accessory for making salsa. Everything went in and it only took about 20-30 seconds to chop everything up and convert it into a juicy, zesty salsa. I loved the flavor of this from the blend of the tomatoes with the tomatillos. I'll make it this way from now on any time I can get my hands on some tomatillos. :) 




Comments