Serrano’s Mexican Grill in Valparaiso, IN

I was driving around running some errands on a drizzly fall day and decided to look for a place to stop for a light lunch. I ended up driving past Serrano's in Valparaiso and popped in. A bowl of soup sounded good and I figured I'd get a little cup to start and then move on to an entree.

As soon as I sat down I was greeted by a friendly waitress bringing over a basket of chips and fresh salsa. A lot of Mexican restaurants have done away with the complimentary chips and salsa, so I always love finding places that bring it out to you while you are perusing the menu.

I had a few chips and salsa as I looked. The salsa was good - not too spicy, but with a nice little kick. I then ordered The Caldo De Pollo - a traditional Mexican soup that was loaded with rice, shredded chicken and veggies and then topped with freshly chopped cilantro and avocado. They asked if I wanted tortillas with it and I requested flour ones. They brought out three warm ones.

I was full before I finished by bowl, so decided to pass on getting an entree, but I'll have to get back and try out some more menu items. I get get some pork tamales to bring home for my kids, which I didn't get a chance to try, but they gave them good reviews.

Serrano's Mexican Grill
3125 Calumet Ave.
Valparaiso
219-286-6996
serranosmexicangrillin.com







Comments