Easy Tzatziki Sauce

I wanted to make a big grilled chicken pita loaded with veggies and tzatziki sauce. My son was heading to Aldi and I asked him to pick up some whole wheat pitas, a can of chickpeas and some tzatziki. They were out. I know I couldn't eat one without the sauce, so I scoured the internet to see what goes in it. I had all the ingredients on hand and combined a few different recipes I saw to make this. It was delicious and so easy!


1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt

Grated cucumber (I used about 1/3 of a large cucumber, but add more if you'd like)

1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic

1 dash of olive oil

1 tbsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice

About a tsp. chopped fresh dill and additional for garnish

This was delicious. I don't know that I'll buy it in the grocery store anymore. I will always get extra if I stop at a gyros stand or Greek restaurant - they've got that touch that I just don't have. But, in a pinch when I want some at home, I'll be making me own from now on. It should stay good for about 3-4 days in the fridge. Just stir it a little and add a little more grated cucumber and dill to freshen it up.



Comments