Katie's Pizza & Pasta Osteria at Ballpark Village: St. Louis, MO



On a recent media tour in St. Louis, one of our scheduled lunches was in Ballpark Village at Katie’s Pizza and Pasta Osteria.

We’d been at Busch Stadium the night before and watched the Cardinals beat the Phillies. I loved the ballpark and surrounding area. Even as a Cubs fan (who is often urged to view the White Sox, Milwaukee Brewers and St. Louis Cardinals as ardent enemies), I’m a big fan of the game of baseball and loved the vibes in this neighborhood. And Katie’s is a great addition to the ballpark experience or as a separate dining destination. 

I loved that you walk in and immediately see the counter where pasta is being made by hand. The recipes and concept come from time that owner Katie Lee spent living in Florence, Italy. Ingredients are fresh, local and seasonal and everything we tried - from the appetizers to salads to entrees were amazing.



The burrata plate we had was one of four on the menu. I loved this. Burrata is a go-to app for me when dining at an Italian place, but it was fun to have options for accutrements. We had the burrata with blood orange marmalade and prosciutto.



It had been many years since I’d last been in St. Louis and I didn’t realize that toasted raviolis were such a huge thing there. The version we got at Katie’s was scrumptious. Just melt in your mouth inside with a nice light crunch on the outside and a hearty serving of freshly-shaved Parmigiano Reggiano on top. I’d go back just to eat a plate of these all by myself. The house-made basil pine nut pesto took it over the top.

We also tried a cannellini bean dip that was delicious, with flatbread and veggies for dipping.



The decor is bright and sleek and clean. Perfect setting for a cozy lunch or dinner with someone you love.



I ordered a “Choose-Two” lunch special that was a steal at just $20 and got a lovely salad and plate of homemade pasta.

The Insalata Mista was a simple, but generous serving of fresh arugula as the base. The pine nuts added a nice layer of texture.

Lemon Parrcheri pasta was so good (I’ve become a complete pasta snob in recent years and just can’t even eat boxed pasta anymore). It was pasta perfection and I loved that the lemon was subtle. I opted for an added protein of scallops, which were perfectly cooked and an addition I would absolutely recommend.



Others dining in our group enjoyed pizzas and pastas and we got a nudge from staff that we had to try the Chicken Parmigianao. It’s a classic dish I love, but this unique entree is stuffed with fontina and prosciutto di parma. I can see why I’d heard it referred to as the "Best Chicken Parm in St. Louis."



The pizza looked fantastic, but I didn’t get a chance to try it. I noticed that they have a tasting menu of either four-courses of seasonal pastas or pizzas and I would definitely love to try that experience if I have a chance to return in the future.





If you have plans to visit St. Louis, I highly recommend enjoying a meal at one of their three locations. They’ve won numerous awards - from Best Pizza and Best Pasta from Feast Magazine to Chef of the Year accolades to a number of  awards from St. Louis Magazine.

Also, you can purchase sauces, frozen Katie’s pizzas, pastas and more at retailers across the country, including the Chicago area. Visit Foxtrot locations in Chicago for pizzas and pasta bakes.

For more info, visit katiespizzaandpasta.com.

Comments