Mediterranean Chicken Pita

There have been few sadder foodie days for me than when The Simple Greek closed their Munster, IN location. I'd been a frequent visitor since day one. I loved getting a loaded pita or a bowl filled with fresh ingredients and with yummy sauces. 

As I started shifting to better eating habits and worked on dropping some weight and getting healthier, my doctor recommended following a Mediterranean diet. I was happy to hear that. I started going more frequently and for a while went once or twice a week, always ordering a whole wheat pita with grilled chicken and then loaded with veggies and a little tzatziki and hummus on the side.

I've been trying to recreate it, but it's not quite the same. I have had some yummy ones, though and I've been trying out different toppings. This one included spinach, grilled chicken, tomato, bell pepper, green onion, quinoa, hummus and tzatziki with a squirt of lemon juice and drizzle of olive oil on whole wheat pita.

I know there are other Simple Greek locations, but nothing close to me. So, until I come across one and can get my favorite fast-casual meal again, this will have to do.



Comments