Return to Five Guys

Well, my regular lunch buddy, my dad, was thrilled when Five Guys opened up in Munster, Indiana where he lives. Mom doesn't cook anymore, so he picks up carry-out from restaurants nearly every day. Here's the blog post from that first visit -
http://chicagofoodiesisters.blogspot.com/2012/10/high-five-for-five-guys.html

 
On that first visit, I forgot my camera. Wasn't going to let that happen again when we went back this week. I think this time I liked my food even better than the first time. The burgers are awesome...everything is so fresh and I love a sloppy burger where everything comes out and oozes down your hands and I love a bun with sesame seeds!!!
 
The fries are a big deal, too. I love that when you walk in there's a chalkboard next to the register that indicates where the potatoes for that day's batch came from. These aren't frozen fries. They are the real deal - cut and cooked right there. We had good ol' Idaho potatoes this time. Last time they were from Washington.
 
I try to steer clear of fries when I eat out because it's so hard to just eat a few. This is a place where you just can't pass them up. And the servings are HUGE. This time we got a large for 3 people and we ate about half of them.


They also have a great variety of toppings, like grilled mushrooms and grilled onions. Have you tried Five Guys? What do you think? How does it compare to other burger places you've been to?


Check us out on Facebook for more tasty recipes and food reviews.

Comments