Way to go Walgreens on new cookies!

To me, store brands often mean inadequate, low-quality imitations. You find everything from store brand crackers to soda to toilet paper. Rarely does something measure up to the original. On the plus side, they are usually cheaper than other brands.
 
Well, Walgreen's deserves a high-five on this one. Because there was a 2 for $5 sale on Walgreen's deLish brand of cookies, I decided to give them a try. I got a pack of shortbread (I'll be very impressed if they are even close to the Walker's Shortbread cookies I love so much.) The other pack was Chocolate and Caramel Truffle Cookies. They are awesome. There really isn't anything to compare these to - they're an original as far as I can tell. Or if they are modeled after another cookie, it's not a common one. The have a shortbread cookie with a chocolate topping (with a cute castle design molded in) and in between is a thick and gooey layer of caramel.
 
If you're leery of trying store brand items, this is one that won't let you down. It's on par with Pepperidge Farm or some of the other higher-quality cookies. Way to go Walgreens! You've changed my mind on store brands. Keep up the good work!
 

Comments