Penne with spinach, sausage and three cheeses

I have been on a spinach kick as of late. And a goat cheese kick. And the two go so well together.
 
Last week I was making some penne for the kids. They like it covered it tomato sauce. Me? I'd rather toss some olive oil and chopped tomatoes with it. And sometimes I like to do something a little different.
 
So, before I covered the pasta with sauce, I set a little penne aside for me. I drizzled olive oil on it and drizzled a little olive oil in a pan and wilted some spinach. Then I sprinkled some mozzarella and some Parmesan cheese and added a little goat cheese. I could have stopped there, but I find pasta much more satisfying if there's a little bit of meat. Doesn't have to be a lot. In this case, I had forgotten to put my Italian sausage in the crock pot like I sometimes do when I'm making pasta that night. So, I put some on a pan, put a little pasta sauce on top and put it in the oven for about an hour on 350. I decided to add a few slices to the dish and it was a perfect finish.
 

Comments

  1. Looks and sounds fantastic, can't wait to try! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment