$20 Challenge: Week 3

So, as the new year started, I decided to do something new on the blog - a $20 challenge at my local farm stand. I'll go in with $20 and see what I can get and share it with you.


My $20 challenge started off well. I posted my first two weeks. In early January, my father-in-law went into ICU and is now in home hospice as he has stage 4 cancer and things have been so hectic and I haven't been blogging quite as much. Week three I bought my stuff and never got it posted. Week 4 just didn't happen. Now it's week 5. I'm getting back to it.

This week I only spent $14.16 and I got all this:

1 cucumber
1 green pepper
1 yellow pepper
4 bananas
Bag of baby carrots
Bag of crinkle cut carrots
Grape tomatoes
Baby Arugula
Fresh Basil
Red seedless grapes
Strawberries
2 apples
Green onions
10 pound bag potatoes

I had just spent about $5 the day before at Aldi on an avocado, Campari tomatoes and a bag of Fuji apples. So total for this week was just over $19.

On the previous visits, I had also been getting some bread products because my farm stand carries Labriola products, which I love. This week, though, my bread basket is overflowing, so I knew better than to add more to it and have it end up going out to the birds....maybe next week I'll get some more of those awesome pretzel rolls.

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your father-in-law :(

    But WOW! Look at what you got with that money!!! Fresh food from Farmer's Market or roadside stands really is the way to go.

    Have fun cooking... looks like a lot of potatoes will be happening this week, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment