Spinach Mushroom Quiche Cups

I have Abby over at Manila Spoon to thank for my new favorite breakfast. I saw her recipe for Spinach Quiche Cups on her blog and knew I'd have to try them since I love spinach and mushrooms and eggs and cheese. :) So, put them all together and you know the results will be yummy. The first time I tried it I added some goat cheese and tomatoes. The tomatoes sure were a pretty addition and the goat cheese added another layer of flavor.

I decided to make them again and this time stayed pretty close to her original recipe.

Ingredients:

olive oil
1 8 oz. pkg. sliced mushrooms
1 10 oz. pkg. fresh spinach
5 eggs
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
Garlic salt
Pepper

First, saute the mushrooms in olive oil and set aside. Next, add a little more oil to pan and wilt spinach. It may seem like a lot, but it really gets small when you cook it down. If you are a spinach lover, you might want to add 1 1/2 bags.

While the spinach is cooking, whisk the eggs. Add mushrooms and spinach to eggs, then add cheese and garlic salt and pepper to taste.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Place a fork in middle before removing from oven to make sure they are done throughout. Sprinkle a little extra cheese on top if you wish.

These are so easy and I love the single servings. Great to pop in a freezer bag, too, to have a quick breakfast all ready to go. Hope you enjoy as much as I do.







Comments

  1. These look fantastic, thanks for sharing!

    Sincerely,
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for doing this! I am so thrilled that you like it! Have a made a plug for this in my page (or perhaps it was the goat cheese one). Either way, they both look good! Your new follower. Abby from Manila Spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipe calls for fresh spinach, but in the photo before going into the oven, the spinach appears to be cooked, or frozen and thawed. ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lisa. I realized I did miss a step in this post. I'd posted a similar recipe a few days earlier that had the full instructions, but missed it on this one. You do saute the mushrooms and spinach in olive oil before adding to the eggs. I've updated the blog post to reflect that. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to try this recipe. It will have to wait until we have a meal without my husband--he doesn't eat spinach nor mushrooms!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment