Tomato Florentine Soup


Usually when I make this soup, I start with chicken or beef broth (or a combo) and add some seasoned, diced canned tomatoes and some tomato sauce. Today I realized I was out of canned tomatoes, so I adjusted the recipe with what I had. I used vegetable juice and fresh tomatoes.

1 46-ounce can vegetable juice
1 1/2 cans water
Spices to taste (garlic salt, basil, black pepper, parsley, oregano, thyme)
3/4 cup sliced carrots
3/4 cup sliced celery
1 green onion, finely diced
3 tomatoes, diced
1/2 bag spinach, roughly cut
12 ounces tri-color rotini 



Place vegetable juice and water in soup pot. Add spices and vegetables (except spinach) and bring to a boil. Boil for 15 minutes. Add spinach and pasta and continue to boil for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is soft.

Comments