The Spice House

Ok, I put up a post previously on the Spice House in Geneva, but found a few more pictures, so I'm just sharing those. I sure wish this place was closer to me. I only had about 5 minutes to browse when I was there, but it was long enough to pick up some goodies.

I need to use this soon on some potatoes. Last year I had a truffle mushroom burger with a side of truffle fries at Rockit Burger Bar in Wrigleyville and I fell in love. I'm hoping to make some homemade truffle fries this week. I'll let you know how they turn out. Anyone have any other suggestions on what to make with it? It is a very tiny bottle, so it won't go far.


Here's the assortment of spices I picked up. So far I used the nutmeg in some chicken gnocchi soup, but haven't tried out the others yet. I love that you can purchase little 1 oz. bags of whatever you want. Sometimes it takes me forever to use a jar of spice, so I love that you can get small quantities to try out.

This should be good in some baked good, don't you think? Maybe some cookies sometime soon.

I visited the location in Geneva, but you'll also find the Spice House, which has been around since 1957 in Chicago and Evanston. There are also two Milwaukee locations. Visit www.thespicehouse.com for more info.

Comments